This fast I tried something different. I chose to eat at only certain times: 9, 12, 3 and 6.
Each time was assigned a certain food:
9:00am--Two boiled eggs
12:00pm--Fish, usually a can of undoctored tuna
6:00pm--An ordinary meal, but light portions and only one helping
Each food was tied to a prayer theme:
Eggs--New life. What new thing do you long to do in us God?
Fish--Fishers of men. God, give us compassion, conviction and courage to reach the lost.
Fruit--Bear much fruit. Apart from Jesus we can do nothing. Make us fruitful Lord.
Ordinary meal--Much of life is lived in the ordinary. Praying for daily bread.
It was a good plan. It didn't always work. I missed 3:00pm the most.
Why share this now? We are two days from done. What's your plan to engage God beyond these twenty-one days?
Maybe you will incorporate fasting as a weekly or monthly practice.
Perhaps you could tie a specific prayer to a daily meal or food item.
We will engage another season of fasting as a church in the future. Until then, what's your plan?
Today's Prayer Focus
Let's pray for tomorrow. What does God have in store for SouthField 2025, 2055, 2095? He who began this good work will be faithful to perfect His good work. He promised He would.
- Pray for our kids, teens, and twenties. This is SouthField's future. Pray that God would grow in them a love for His church, His Word, and His will. Pray that they would not fall for the world's lies. And pray that if they drift, they come back home.
- Pray for future pastors. Pray that God would grow up men who love Him, men of compassion and conviction, loving servant leaders. Pray that they would love Channahon, love people, love hard work, love Biblical thinking, and dream dreams that are God's dream, not their own.
- Pray that God would continue to supply our needs as He already does supernaturally. Pray for the elimination of all debt and an increase in the space He gives us to serve Him.
- Pray for future partnerships, missionaries and ministries with a like heart and mind with which we can align.
- Pray specifically for kids and students in our church to sense God's call to serve Him in local churches, parachurch ministries and on foreign fields.